Haas Law 2019 Year in Review
Haas Law wishes you a wonderful holiday season and a happy new year!
But, before turning the page to 2020, we wanted to look back on 2019 as we are committed to achieving the best possible results for our clients. Whether we were representing licensed medical doctors or rap artists, each client received experienced legal services and the utmost professionalism.
Federal Criminal Cases
- David Haas handled a variety of federal cases in multiple jurisdictions including cases in Vermont, Nevada, North Carolina, Georgia, New York, and Florida. The types of cases defended included drug trafficking, “pill mills,” health care fraud, aggravated identity theft, tax fraud, the Foreign Corrupt Practice Act (FCPA), and cryptocurrency crimes.
State Criminal Cases
- Haas Law handled numerous state criminal cases ranging from simple possession of drugs to aggravated battery to first-degree murder. Of significance, David Haas obtained a hung jury in the first-degree murder trial held in Jacksonville, Florida. Several of the cases handled by Haas Law resulted in the dismissal of all charges or a reduction of the charges.
- Haas Law successfully lobbied federal prosecutors to return the majority of funds back to a client whose cash was seized at Orlando International Airport. Haas Law is currently negotiating additional civil forfeiture cases in Central Florida.
- Haas Law represented a whistleblower in a False Claims Act (FCA) pain cream billing fraud. In 2019, the federal government formally intervened in the litigation on behalf of our client. View Case Details
- Haas Law also filed a civil lawsuit on behalf of Britney Taylor against former NFL wide receiver Antonio Brown.
Legal Analyst for TV
- Whether it was commentary on the Mueller Report or commentary about the admissibility of emojis at a jury trial, David Haas continued providing legal analysis for a variety of topics in the media.
Conferences and Speaking Engagements
- In 2019, David Haas stayed at the forefront of the legal practice by continuing his legal education through attending and presenting at conferences.
- In January 2019, David Haas attended the National Trial Lawyers Summit in Miami, Florida with attorneys F. Lee Bailey and Gloria Allred.
- In April 2019, David Haas presented at 17th Annual OffshoreAlert Conference North America: A Financial Intelligence & Investigations Event on investment fraud cases.
- In October 2019, David Haas and attorney Daniel Eckhart gave presentations at the 15th Annual GCS Advisory Anti-Money Laundering / Compliance & Financial Crime Conference in the Cayman Islands on cryptocurrency and offshore whistleblower cases.
- Haas Law strongly believes in giving back to the community and supports several local non-profit organizations. Specifically, Haas Law supported the Yellow Brick Road Foundation (https://www.ybrf.org), the Skinner Strong Foundation, (http://www.skinnerstrong.org), and Florida Citrus Sports (https://floridacitrussports.com).