One year ago, on March 1, 2018, Haas Law opened with a goal of taking on the representation of individuals and corporations in criminal matters throughout Florida and in federal courts across the United States.
Over the past year, Haas Law has worked tirelessly for its clients. While starting a law firm is a challenge, those difficulties are far less than the challenges our clients face with a federal investigation or criminal charges.
So…how is it going?
Because each case is unique, a specific outcome in a criminal case cannot be promised. Furthermore, prior results do not guarantee a similar outcome and below is not a complete list of all outcomes from the past year:
- Represented clients in Burlington, Vermont, New York City, New York, Las Vegas, Nevada, Mobile, Alabama, Miami, Florida, Washington, D.C., Tampa, Florida, Jacksonville, Florida, Orlando, Florida, and Fort Myers, Florida;
- Six separate federal criminal investigations closed with no arrests or criminal charges filed against the client;
- One federal drug indictment dismissed; and
- One federal client sentenced to serve prison concurrently with their State prison sentence.
State of Florida Criminal Cases
- Represented clients in Jacksonville (Duval County), Green Cove Springs (Clay County), Fort Lauderdale (Broward County), Bartow (Polk County), Viera (Brevard County), Orlando (Orange County), and Sanford (Seminole County);
- Two dismissals of criminal cases (one firearms case and one drug case);
- One mandatory minimum prison sentence avoided with expert witness testimony resulting in sentence of probation and Youthful Offender sanctions (over objection from the State); and
- Three motions for early termination of probation granted.
- Represent a non-profit corporation and assist with compliance and corporate security matters; and
- Represent a transportation company on corporate security matters and compliance.
Conferences and Guest Speaker Appearances
- OffshoreAlert Conference – Miami, Florida (Speaker)
- Trial Lawyers Summit – Miami, Florida
- OffshoreAlert Conference – London, UK (Speaker)
- Federal Law Enforcement Training Center (FLETC) – Brunswick, Georgia (Speaker)
David Haas served as a legal analyst for several media outlets including:
- Bay News 9;
- Spectrum News 13;
- NBC Channel 2 (Orlando); and
- USA Today.
Finally, we wanted to take a moment to say, “Thank You.” Thank you to colleagues and friends for referring cases to our office. Thank you to the clients that trusted us in their most difficult times. We are truly grateful.
The past year has been busy, and Haas Law looks forward to continuing to advocate for our clients in the years ahead!